Wednesday, November 29, 2006

NaNoWriMo Winner


National Novel Writing Month


I was a winner this year. I managed to string together 50,000 words of crap, so I get to call myself a writer. They even sent me a little temporary tatoo to impress my friends with.


I was kind of surprised that I could get that much done in such a short time, and I did learn that I need to think a lot more about the structure of the story BEFORE I start writing. My characters just ran away with the plot, and now they won't give it back.


I still have a way to go before I'm actually done. They don't actually ask you to finish the novel, just to get the word count. I'm gonna take a break though. The sun is shining, so maybe I'll ride my bike. It's windy and below freezing though, so maybe I'll just curl up with a book or magazine. I've gotten a bit behind on my reading while I was doing all that writing.

No comments: